Friday, December 14, 2007

Today's forecast: Forgetting the weather!

11 days until Christmas!

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods? I think we may be a little below 80 where I am. Or maybe the South will be in the 60's? It is a little odd decorating in shorts and a T shirt. I was complaining the other day about the weather and stating to a friend, "No wonder everyone gets sick with these changes of weather!"

I was then approached by a lady I know. She limped towards me, with one arm hanging lifeless and the same leg dragging slowly. She smiled and I remembered how young she really is, despite the effects 4 strokes have had on her body. Her smile was contagious and we greeted her.

"Can you believe this weather?" I asked, wondering if I turned 90 over night and can only talk about the weather with people these days.

"Believe what?" she asked looking dumbfounded.

"It's SO HOT!" I said dramatically!

"Oh"she smiled. "I don't pay it any attention. I just get up and take what I can get. I don't let matters I can't control take up too much space in my brain. Just thankful to be around to see what God gives us everyday."

And then she walked on, no doubt doing what her mission is... to lighten people's hearts and put perspective into every situation. Like a child on Christmas morning, this lady awaits each day with wonder and excitement.

What will be brought to you today? Be careful, as I now will be, not to label your gifts as "good" or "bad" - just accept the day as it is. Do what is loving and best in your control and the rest - trust that God knows what He's doing. Your forecast will be more uplifting when you do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi.
How Is the the weather forecast today?
introduces readers to various types of weather that occur during each season.
The text discusses typical activities and clothing for each type of weather.
Supportive illustrations accompany the text. You can find out here.
Bye now

http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/weather-today.html