Monday, December 3, 2007

Who Am I?

Please check out this video link. A friend sent it to me this morning and I am so glad she did. Not only is it beautiful visually, but it also has a very powerful message.
I think the majority of us have reflected the same sentiment: Who am I? Why would God listen to my prayers when there is so much going on in the world? What would make me think that I am actually worthy enough to have intervention from the spiritual world? How could something so holy and pure view me as magnificent and worthy?

We all know the right words to say. You have already started saying them as you read. But, do you believe them? Do you believe that you are worthy?

I watched the movie Dead Poets Society yesterday. What a powerful movie. The theme, of course, if "Carpe diem" or "Seize the Day". Robin Williams explains to his students, "We will all be food for worms shortly" and hence the message: seize the day. I couldn't help but notice the parallel in the lyrics, "I'm a flower quickly fading; here today and gone tomorrow."

I do not think that my total existence is here only to be food for worms one day. If that were the case then I might as well go back to sleep! No, I know there is a spiritual realm that will welcome me with open arms when my time has come. But, yes... my body will be food for forms and the physical form is fading.

So many people who are hurting, I believe, are having a spiritual crisis. They don't think they are worthy of being forgiven, worthy of being loved, worthy of even praying, not to mention have their prayers answered. Do yourself a favor and start believing in the words you already know to be true in your heart. Seize the day and allow the thing you think you are not worthy of to take control of your life and dramatically change it. Stop fighting it and start embracing it. Life is too short to miss the powerful opportunities for you life here. Carpe Diem!

No comments: