Monday, November 19, 2007

Beating the clock.

"You have a lot of time!"
I looked up at my friend and co-worker wondering if there was someone else in the room she could possibly be making this statement too.
I stared at her with a blank look.
"To blog, I mean. You must have a lot of time to sit down and write those."
"Oh, I guess I do." I replied lightly.

I had to think about that for a minute. Time is something I can never get enough of. When I go to bed each night I could list several things that I didn't have time to do that day. My "to do" list is always left with more to do than accomplished.

Time is the excuse I gave myself when I wanted to write ,but wasn't yet. Now that I am writing, my friend is exactly right, I do have a lot of time. Time I never knew was there before. I wake up some mornings before the alarm because I am excited about an idea to post. I stay up late other nights reading inspirational thoughts that might apply to my life. I spent 2 hours last Friday night updating the blog - Adding You Tube video options at the bottom of the page, search engines so that you may find other interesting blogs and even an Amazon store to begin some Christmas shopping. I loved doing it! Just a few months ago I thought I would never have time to do this.

Time is an interesting concept. Some of us are so rigid on time that we allow the clock, not our bodies, to tell us when we are hungry or sleepy. We get bogged down in our everyday lives that we forget we can be flexible and change things up. We have to reclaim control over our lives and ditch the clock!!

OK, let's be realistic. My watch will be glued to my left hand. I have to end sessions on time, I have to be at work on time, I have to rely on time. But, not letting time control us is the key. When you are following your spirit, the time spent doing a task is fun and enjoyable. You don't count the seconds for it to end... you never want it to end.

If there is something that you want to do today or this week, but, you don't think you have enough time.. challenge yourself and experiment with time. Whether it's to visit a friend, start a new hobby, clean out a junk drawer, re paint the den, or learn to play the piano. Make a commitment to not allow time to stand in your way of doing something your spirit is calling you to do. You'll be surprised how much time is on your side!

No comments: